Yard Waste stickers may be obtained at the BPU Customer Service Office, 92 Steele Street.
The Board of Public Utilities (BPU) operates a seasonal Yard Waste Site in Jamestown.
- The Yard Waste Site is restricted to use by Residential Solid Waste customers.
- Operation of the site is funded by the monthly fees paid by Residential Solid Waste customers.
- Contractors are not permitted to use the site.
The following mulchable items can be disposed of at the Yard Waste Site:
- Grass clippings
- Small twigs and sticks
The following items are not accepted for disposal at the Yard Waste Site:
- Bricks or Cement Blocks
- Drywall/Construction Materials
For more information, contact the BPU Garbage Hotline at 661-1651 at any time.
Customers who want to use the Site must display a current BPU Yard Waste Site sticker on the rear driver side window of their vehicles. One sticker is available per BPU Solid Waste residential account.
Use of the window stickers allow BPU employees to identify BPU Solid Waste residential customers. Ensuring that non-BPU customers are not using the site helps to control the cost of the service.
There is a limit of one sticker per account for the two-year period. Lost stickers will not be replaced. If you are switching vehicles or your sticker is damaged, please bring the sticker into the BPU Customer Service Office to exchange for a replacement sticker.
Obtain a Sticker
A current yard waste sticker is required and is available at the BPU Customer Service Office:
92 Steele Street
Jamestown, NY 14701
Yard Waste Bags
The BPU Customer Service Office sells packs of four 30-gallon biodegradable yard waste bags for $12 per pack.
The price includes pick-up of the bags at your home, either one at a time or all at once. This service is available year-round on Tuesday mornings.
To schedule a pick-up of full Yard Waste Bags:
Please contact the BPU Garbage Hotline at 716-661-1651 anytime before 3 p.m. on Monday for a Tuesday morning collection. Any messages received after 3 p.m. on Mondays are automatically scheduled for the following week on Tuesday.
For pick-up, Yard Waste Bags must:
- contain mulchable yard waste only
- not contain any plastic bags or garbage
- weigh under 40 pounds each
- be securely closed (stapled or taped shut is acceptable)
- have the BPU sticker still on the bag (bags not purchased at the BPU office are not eligible for collection)
Any Yard Waste Bags that do not comply with these rules, will not be collected.