The Jamestown Office of the Plumbing Inspector is housed within the Jamestown Board of Public Utilities.
- The Plumbing Inspector is Charlie Moss.
- The office hours are 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays (closed for lunch 12 p.m.-12:30 p.m.).
When possible, please notify the Plumbing Office of any potential upcoming projects by email as soon as possible.
File a Plumbing Permit
Master Plumbers: Please file a Plumbing Permit at least 48 hours ahead of the scheduled work date. Please do not wait until the day of the job. (Plumbing permits received after the work has begun, will result in the permit fees being charged at double the regular rate.)
Schedule a Plumbing Inspection
Please notify the Plumbing Office at least 24 hours before your anticipated inspection time by phone at 716-661-1654 or by email.
Plumbing Installations and Repairs
All plumbing within the City of Jamestown - inside and outside - must be done by a licensed Master Plumber; including the stop/waste valves and broken pipes.
All plumbing outside the City of Jamestown connected to the BPU system (Ashville, Busti, Celoron, Falconer, Ellicott, Kiantone, Lakewood, North Harmony, etc.) must be performed by a licensed Master Plumber up to and including the water meter. (After the meter would be enforced by the customer's town.)
Any water service off for three months or longer may require a plumbing inspection before reconnection. A fee of $25 is required to be paid before the inspection will be scheduled.
Any water service shut off at the curb for a water leak will require repair by a licensed Master Plumber.
- City of Jamestown Plumbing Code (PDF)
- Licensed Master Plumbers
- NYS Backflow Testers for Chautauqua County (PDF)
- Plumbing Application for Apprentice License (PDF)
- Plumbing Application Journeyman License (PDF)
- Plumbing Master Plumbers Application (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Water Service Application