Provisions and Fees Applicable to All Customers
Wastewater service shall be provided for the purposes provided to users in accordance with, and users shall comply with, Chapter 240 of the Jamestown City Code and Jamestown Sewer Use Ordinance. All facilities connected with the Wastewater system must comply with the Jamestown Plumbing Code.
All wastewater shall be measured by water meters installed, unless categorized as unmetered public service. All accounts will incur monthly basic service and consumption charges based on your municipal district.
- Basic Service Charge is based on your water meter size. If your water meter is 1.5 inches or larger, a commercial basic service fee will be assessed accordingly.
- See the "Basic Service Charge per meter size" chart in your water district schedule of rates (PDF) below.
- A Billing Unit is defined as "100 cubic feet of water" as measured by the meter and is equivalent to approximately 748 US gallons of water.
- The Consumption Charge is the charge per billing unit of water consumed each month based on the actual or estimated meter readings.
The Basic Service Charge will be charged to all connections to the wastewater system through which wastewater service could be provided, whether or not the service is active. A metered account will be placed in the name of the property owner in the event of vacancy at a service location. A property owner will not be responsible to pay the basic service charge if an abandonment contract is signed by the owner. See Provisions Applicable To All Consumers (PDF).
Water service is subject to disconnection for the non-payment of wastewater charges 15 days after payment becomes delinquent. If water service is disconnected for wastewater non-payment, it will not be restored until all past due charges and a service reconnection charge are paid.
- Collection Fee: $25 If the customer's service is subject to disconnection and payment is received at the customer's premises.
- Reconnection Charge: $50 during regular business hours
Failure to receive a bill will not release a consumer from payment obligations or entitle the consumer to escape the late payment charge imposed on delinquent accounts.
Basic Service Charge
Basic Service Charge
per billing unit
|City of Jamestown (PDF)
|$3.71||$4.82 - $149.56 *||$3.21|
|Town of Busti (PDF)
|$5.56||$7.23 - $$224.33 *||$4.82|
|Town of Ellicott (PDF)
|$7.41||$9.63 - $299.11 *||$6.43|
|Town of Kiantone (PDF)
|$5.56||$7.23 - $224.33 *||$4.82|
|Town of N. Harmony (PDF)
||$7.42||$9.63 - $299.11 *||$0.58|
|Village of Falconer (PDF)
* See the "Basic Service Charge per meter size" chart in your service area schedule of rates (PDF)
** Applies to all water meter sizes