Rebates will cover twenty-five percent of the cost of the weatherization improvements with a $2,000 maximum limit per audit for all residential electric customers; and fifty percent, up to $4,000, for customers who have used electric as their primary heat source for at least three years.
Upon verification, rebates will be issued in the form of a check. Rebates take four to six weeks from the date that the rebate request is received.
Weatherization Rebate Documents
The following forms are useful to view before requesting rebates:
New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)
The following rebates are offered by NYSERDA:
- Rebates of fifty percent up to $4,000 on eligible measures for households with annual income below eighty percent of the state median ($71,000 for a family of four)
- Low interest financing available
More Information on NYSERDA
For more information on NYSERDA programs, visit the NYSERDA website.
Requirements to receive Board of Public Utilities (BPU) weatherization rebate:
- Audit recommended weatherization improvements must be performed by a Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified contractor
- Home Energy Audit completed within the last twenty-four months
- Provide an invoice from the BPI certified contractor who completed the work
The following must be submitted to receive your rebate:
- A detailed invoice from the BPI certified contractor who completed the work
- Weatherization Rebate Form
Mail or deliver to the Jamestown BPU Customer Service Office.
If you have any questions concerning the program, please contact the Energy Efficiency Coordinator.
Conditions of Offer
Audits are performed by an independent contractor. The BPU is not liable for the actions of the contractor and does not guarantee energy savings. The customer is responsible for payment of all taxes associated with this program. The Jamestown BPU reserves the right to terminate or modify this program at any time.