Third Party Notifications

All residential customers may choose a third party to be notified regarding service disconnection. By filling out the Third Party Notification Form (PDF) and notifying BPU Customer Service at 716-661-1660, a third party notice may keep your service from being turned off.

You may choose a relative, a friend, a member of the clergy, or an agency (such as the Department of Health and Human Services) to be a "third party" for copies of any Final Disconnect Notices the utility sends to you because of overdue utility bills. The third party can contact the utility on your behalf and help you work out payment terms; but the third party is not responsible for paying your bills.